In an energy speech today in Maryland, President Obama called for an end to the $4 billion in annual tax subsidies to the oil industry. Some tense moments at the University of Maine this morning, Goldman responds to yesterday’s scathing op-ed, China causes a stir within their leadership, and the end of an era in print. Don’t miss the Awesome Things of the Day today…so cool!
- Nation – Obama: No quick fix to rising gas prices – CNN
- Business – Goldman Plays Damage Control – WSJ.com | Greg Smith Goldman Sachs Director Quits “morally bankrupt” firm – Slate
- World – Bo Xilai fired in Chinese Communist Party leadership shake-up – The Washington Post
- World – Encyclopaedia Britannica To Cease Print Edition After 244 Years – Huff Post Books
- Maine – Police find no bomb in UMaine’s Aubert Hall, reopen building – wcsh6.com | Moosehead development plan cleared by court | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram | Warden Finds Missing Dresden Boy – Portland News Story – WMTW Portland
Awesome Thing(s) of the Day: